gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject [EARLY WARNING] Possible Major Bug in gora-cassandra
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 23:46:48 GMT
Hi Folks,
Several threads have popped up over on the Nutch mailing lists regarding
use of gora-cassandra 0.5 within Nutch 2.3.

http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40nutch.apache.org/msg13228.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40nutch.apache.org/msg13235.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40nutch.apache.org/msg13237.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/user%40nutch.apache.org/msg13250.html

I think we can expect a 0.6.1 release pretty soon if this is discovered to
be a major bug.
I have not been using gora-cassandra for a number of months (2 or so), so I
am not immediately sure right now what is wrong.
We appear to be loosing data between ParserJob and FetcherJob states with 0
Map input records being provided to the ParserJob Map Reduce framework.
Any help from this team on deploying a test configuration and testing would
be highly appreciated.
Suggested software stack is as follows

Nutch 2.4-SNAPSHOT (HEAD)
Gora 0.5, Gora Cassandra 0.5