gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GUIDANCE] Release Management Role for Gora 0.6
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 03:52:29 GMT
Hey Talat,
It seems that master codebase is broken right now.
There have been a bunch of commits over the last few days
 *
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=gora.git;a=commitdiff;h=8b94825c189c2c82595b70f61caff0adf449085b
 *
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=gora.git;a=commitdiff;h=5f86f58358e94593b7677825c4724943e2f8f054
 *
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=gora.git;a=commitdiff;h=dc037d97483f707d026b6961aa489b9f4e73668b
None of which seem to follow the Release Management procedure as specified
at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/Apache+Gora+Release+Procedure+HOW_TO

It would be very much appreciated if you could communicate what the current
state of the 0.6 release is so that we can work towards pushing a release
candidate for 0.6 whilst keeping master (0.7-SNAPSHOT) stable allowing
everyone to keep developing.

My suggestions right now is that you potentially re-commit reverts of all
the changes so that master points to 0.6-SNAPSHOT again. It would be great
if you could open a Jira issue for this so that we can review a potentially
pull request and make a diff on the proposed reversions. Once 0.6-SNAPSHOT
is as it was 2 days ago we can move towards pushing the 0.6 release
candidate again.

Thanks Talat, and thank you very much for stepping up for release manager
role.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*