gora-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject [UPDATE] Release Management 0.6
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 06:58:50 GMT
Hi Folks,
I've spoken with Talat off-line and in order to push on with 0.6 I just
wanted to flush out some info to this list.
Firstly, thank you Talat for stepping up to to release management it is
non-trivial that is for sure. It is something which takes a good few
attempts until it can be achieved.
Based upon Talat and Henry's correspondence, I logged GORA-408 for editing
the release management procedure slightly to accomodate the autmatic
creation of branches for our release management process. This will also
enable us to continue with development on trunk as
0.${next.release.version}-SNAPSHOT where any issue with the release branch
can be patched there and forward ported to master branch when stable. The
release branch is then used for creation of the release tag and release
source artifacts as well as staging Maven release artifacts.
You can see that I tagged 3 issues for completion before we release 0.6

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GORA-408?jql=project%20%3D%20GORA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.6%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

If anyone would like to address any further items then by all means lets
suggest and scope.
I intend to address GORA-408 tomorrow night, push the commit then push a
release candidate for 0.6 tomorrow night.
Thanks again to Talat for raising awareness of the improvements required
within the release management process.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*