gora-dev mailing list archives

From Furkan KAMACI <furkankam...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Gora Benchmark
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2017 20:17:12 GMT
Hi Fellows,

As you know that our project is defined as:

"*The Apache Gora™ open source framework provides an in-memory data model
and persistence for big data.*[1]"

I believe that Apache Gora is a special project and it touches many
projects. I always wonder the performance of NoSQL DBs as individual and
accessed via Apache Gora.

I think that we should make a benchmark and publish it, and Yahoo!’s Cloud
Serving Benchmark (YCSB) [2] is the most suitable tool for such a purpose.
I found a recent research about Object-NoSQL Database Mapper (ONDM)
benchmark [3] which includes Apache Gora and they have produced the
benchmark source code as ASF 2.0 licensed [4].

Here is an example from Apache Accumulo which is based on YCSB too [5].

What do you think about it? Who wants to join that work apart from me?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

[1] https://gora.apache.org
[2] Cooper BF, Silberstein A, Tam E, Ramakrishnan R, Sears R. Benchmarking
cloud serving systems with YCSB. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM symposium
on Cloud computing - SoCC ’10. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM):
2010. p. 143–154, doi:10.1145/1807128.1807152.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1807128.1807152.
[3] https://doi.org/10.1186/s13174-016-0052-x
[4] https://github.com/vreniers/ONDM-Benchmarker
[5] https://accumulo.apache.org/papers/accumulo-benchmarking-2.1.pdf