gora-dev mailing list archives

From John Mora <jhnmora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kudu datastore reports
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2019 21:56:48 GMT
Hi all.

I received my first evaluation from the Google Summer of Code program with
a positive result. Thanks so much for your support and confidence to the
project and me.

I updated my report of this week in the Wiki[1]. Also, I pushed my last
commits to my branch [2].

This week, I will be reviewing my the serialization/ deserialization
process in order to identify optimizations specific for Kudu. Because I
used a generic methods of other backends which probably could be better
tuned for kudu. Also, I will start working on the Queries implementation.

BTW, I added a question to the wiki about Date types. Please give it a look
if you have time.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/GORA-485+Apache+Kudu+datastore+for+Gora+Reports
[2] https://github.com/jhnmora000/gora/tree/GORA-485

Cheers,
John

El jue., 27 jun. 2019 a las 21:02, John Mora (<jhnmora000@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Carlos.
>
> Thanks for the reminder. I submitted the form yesterday. :D
>
> Best,
> John.
>
> El jue., 27 jun. 2019 a las 17:34, carlos muñoz (<carlosrmng@gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
>> Hi John
>>
>> The first Google Summer of Code evaluation is due on June 28th. Please
>> make sure you submit your Mentors' evaluation on time.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Carlos
>>
>> El dom., 23 jun. 2019 a las 18:29, John Mora (<jhnmora000@gmail.com>)
>> escribió:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> FYI, I updated my report of this week on the Wiki[1]. Also, I pushed my
>>> last commits to my branch [2].
>>>
>>> As I mentioned in the reports I would like to know how datastores deal
>>> with flush(), should it work always manually executed?.
>>>
>>> Finally, This week I will be implementing object
>>> serialization/deserialization in the methods put, get, delete, exists. Do
>>> you have any suggestions on how to proceed with this task?.
>>>
>>> Footnote: Thanks for the feedback Carlos, I fixed the problem.
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GORA/GORA-485+Apache+Kudu+datastore+for+Gora+Reports
>>> [2] https://github.com/jhnmora000/gora/tree/GORA-485
>>>
>>> Cheers,