gora-dev mailing list archives

From Alfonso Nishikawa <alfonso.nishik...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kudu mapping file
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2019 18:21:46 GMT
Hi, John.

 1) The decimal data type in Kudu is parameterizable [1]. "The decimal type
> is a parameterized type that takes precision and scale type attributes.".

For instace. It could be decimal(5, 2). I could not find something similar
> in other datastores. So how should I be mapping this in the xml file?.
>
> <field name="someField" column="someColumn" type="decimal(5,2)"/>
> or
> <field name="someField" column="someColumn" type="decimal" precision="5"
> scale="2"/>
> or something else? What do you suggest?

Your second option looks good to me.

2) Within the table creation statement in Kudu some partition
> configurations can be added, mainly the partition strategy (range/hash) and
> its parameters [2]. So this configuration should be added in the mapping
> file?

I would suggest you to copy HBase's approach as shown in [1]. You can
create a <table> data with that configuration, and then reference it
as in <class

Maybe anyone would think otherwise...

Thanks for your question!

[1] -