gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>
Subject Re: Python Gump TODOs
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:52:10 GMT
> Woah,
>   mkdir and delet int the Gump Descriptor.    That seems wrong to me.  I
> thought the dump descriptor was declarative.
>
> Oh well if it there we should support it.

Good point. I started adding them, and then realized what you just stated. I
agree they are potentially dodgy (so perhaps we ought "frown on them --
unless there is a darn good reason".)

I see <deletes that say "clean up last build" -- but the "rsynch --delete"
(if used) ought do that (ought it not?) Even in a workspace that works on
the same directories each run (not like Sam's nightly to a dated directory)
ought be "clean" because of rsynch.

For <mkdir, if a users build.xml is 99% used for developers, and less often
by Gump, maybe there is a need. That said, I'm not sure it couldn't
transparently go into the build.xml.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind these two. Are there examples of why
they are needed?

BTW: I don't see <delete or <mkdir documented on the Gump pages. Are they?

regards

Adam