gump-general mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Gump build failures
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:50:59 GMT

That is what I was hoping to achieve by eliminating the dependencies.
JMeter already has a "chosen" set of dependencies in CVS.

> > Also, it we'd like to provide ready-to-run nightly builds.
> >
> > These would need to include the run-time jars, and it would
> be useful to
> be
> > able to package these up into a single file for download.
> > This is easy enough using the existing build.xml, as it
> already creates
> the
> > packages from the jars in the lib directory. I don't know if it is
> possible
> > to package the external jars in this way - and the
> build.xml would have to
> > skip this step if it was not running under the appropriate Gump.
>
> The above all said, there is a discussion ongoing upon
> repository@apache.org
> that might prove fruitful. Gump is generating a repository of
> jars (when
> allowed ,e.g. http://gump.dotnot.org/repository/) and tools
> ought be able to
> download from there.

Useful link - it looks like there are more past versions there than on
cocoon/covalent.

But I'm not sure that this helps here - the jars are not guaranteed to be
the "chosen" ones, as far as I can tell.

> Actually, I am about to start work on Gump downloading whole
> trees from
> other Gumps, but I digress.
>
> In short, based upon my comments above, you still think that
> folks would
> want nightly build from Gump?

At the moment, JMeter is being enhanced quite frequently, so it would be
useful to be able to pick up the latest builds. I suppose one of us (JMeter
committers) could do this manually, but I'd rather not...

S.