gump-general mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject AW: AW: gump.apache.org (on moof?)
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:06:32 GMT
Hi Sander,

I do not know especially Solaris 9, but it is possible to send mail with -
guess what - ant !
the ant1.6beta2 has a very good mail task, which can even password
authenticate and SSL itself.

the mail task of ant1.5.4 is also good if you do not need to authenticate
with the SMTP server.

You might set up a frozen copy of ant in a corner on gump.covalent.net and
change the nag.pl so that it invokes ant
rather than sendmail.

Cheers,

Antoine

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sander Temme [mailto:sander@temme.net]
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. November 2003 18:48
An: Gump code and data
Betreff: Re: AW: gump.apache.org (on moof?)

> this is a very good idea. I was always paying attention to the nags coming
> from the official gump when there were build problems or test problems in
> ant.
> For us it is a security belt, to be sure that nothing gets broken.

Yeah, I was going to set up nagging on gump.covalent.net, but ran into the
wall with sendmail and now have no time whatsoever to mess with this. If
someone knows how to set this up on Solaris 9, where sendmail (or an
alternative, but nag.pl calls sendmail directly) can take messages and mail
them out, but cannot in any way shape or form accept or relay anything from
the outside, please holler.

S.