gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:10:30 GMT
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Leo Simons <leosimons@apache.org> wrote:

> I seem to recall that there was some point in time in the past when
> forrest was successfully built by gump.

But never without cheating IIRC, i.e. the build process used some
bundled jars instead of CVS version. 8-)

> Roughly, forrest depends on cocoon which depends on avalon which
> depends on jakarta-commons. Problematic.

Absolutely.

> Avalon is mostly to blame, though cocoon's build is not pretty
> either.

To true.

If you moved the avalon descriptors back under Gump's CVS we might be
able to get it working some day again.  And after that we'd probably
need to move the Coccon descriptors as well .  8-)

Things like Lenya not building because of a missing dependency on Ant
could be fixed within one day (the time it takes to run the first
build).  Same for excalibur-pool not building because it depends on
JUnit, junitperf and what looks like a missing <work>, or ...

Stefan