gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: last night's failure]
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:34:05 GMT
> > Gump didn't run last night on LSD. I can't really figure out why
> > right now.
>
> I think it has been caused by the circular dependency between two
> jicarilla projects (that I've just removed by commenting out jicarilla
> in the Gump descriptor).[1]
>
> Unlike Jenny, GUMPY doesn't detect the cycle and dies in an infinite
> recursion.

Gumpy tries to detect/handle this (at the project dependency level) but I am
pretty certain it doesn't at the metadata load level [following URLs]. That
said, this certainly looks like an issue at the dependency resolution level,
so that logic needs to be improved. Maybe the logic doesn't extend to
property-based dependencies or something. We need to add unit tests for
this.

I've added:

    http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GUMP-38

Thanks Stefan (and traditional) for spotting this.

regards

Adam