gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] href considered harmful
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 04:00:58 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> I suggest we move to strike and loudly proclaim descriptors not living
> in gump CVS as harmful. Their use needs to be *strongly* discouraged
> from now on. Who's with me?

I agree with you as a general principle.

Too bad that the entire cocoon build system relies on the gump
descriptor for its blocks and this is going to be so for a while.

If you deprecate href, cocoon will be seriously damaged.

Now, I am the one to blame for this, but my rationale was to keep gump
and cocoon in synch by making sure that everytime you built cocoon, you
were also testing if the gump descriptor was right.

Of course, only gump can do the full check, but the cocoon build can
help a little bit.

--
Stefano.