gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [RT] href considered harmful
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:47:41 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Leo Simons <lsimons@jicarilla.org> wrote:
>
>>>No webapp would enable anybody to put a different license on the
>>>descriptor, for whatever reason he/she should choose to do so.
>>
>>do you really think that will actually become an issue?
>
> Not really.  There may be the issue of "ownership", though.  "I don't
> want anybody to modify *my* descriptor".  Not in the domts case, but
> it could become an issue and maybe even is today.

well, that's an attitude I don't like! The gump (and wider open source)
community owns gump, and that includes its descriptors. Participating in
gump is participating in that community, according to our rules.

agreed?

>>Do you think Curt Arnold would object to moving the descriptor, for
>>example?
>
> I asked him where he wanted to put it.  Since Curt is no Apache
> committer but wanted to be able to maintain it, he decided to put it
> on the W3C box.

which is a good reason. Once we agree on the basic principles we can
figure out how to make the technology support that :D

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons