gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Bouncycastel JCE (was Re: cvs commit: gump/project jce.xml xml-security.xml)
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 12:11:12 GMT
On Tue, 02 Mar 2004, Berin Lautenbach <berin@wingsofhermes.org> wrote:
> Stefan,
>
> Co-incidental :>.

Absolutely since I just now have removed the provider from the
bootclasspath and things are improving.

I've just now received

    [junit] java.lang.SecurityException: Unsupported keysize or algorithm parameters

so I'll try with the unrestricted policy file next.

> Unfortunately I don't think we can use the JDK1.4 provider, as it
> doesn't implement some of the padding we need (thus the errors from
> the previous builds).

No, no problems with padding so far.

> I did some tracking - and the problem from the previous builds is
> that if the BC JCE is defined on the BOOTCLASSPATH, it doesn't get
> used.

This is what I found out as well 8-)

> Unfortunately, we need to use bootclasspath because of Xalan.

No, in Gump there is a type="boot" flag on the jars we want to see on
the bootclasspath.  We can take it away from JCE and still keep it for
Xalan and Xerces.

Stefan