gump-general mailing list archives

From "Gert Driesen" <gert.drie...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: [nant-dev] Gump using NAnt
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 19:39:01 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam R. B. Jack" <ajack@apache.org>
To: "Apache Gump" <general@gump.apache.org>;
<nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:57 PM
Subject: [nant-dev] Gump using NAnt

>I am close (I think) to having a Python Gump that will run NAnt on
>projects.
> Unfortunately the two environments I have (1 -- Mono on Debian, on Brutus,
> 2 -- Mono on W2K) have two flaws (1 -- Mono crashes, 2 -- NAnt wants to
> use
> CSC not MSC). As such, I'm not getting very far in testing.

1 -- Can you provide me the Mono bug number for the debian issue again ?
2 -- NAnt by default targets the runtime framework on which its running.

You can either :

- change the target framework to "mono-1.0", see
http://nant.sourceforge.net/faq.html#framework-support for more information.

or

- run NAnt using the mono runtime. eg. :

$ mono NAnt.exe

> If I check in the NAnt work to Gump SVN (Trunk) and create a gump-n.xml
> profile (which lists some projects) is there anybody willing to help try
> run this? Anybody interested in help Gumpmeister the Gump metadata for
> .Net
> project using NAnt? Basically that means identifying projects, their
> CVS|SVN
> repositories, and configuring how to work with them (and their resultant
> assemblies).

I'm definitely interested in helping you with this, but I'm very busy at the
moment.

Ian, Jarek, Clayton : any of you have more time right now ?

Gert