gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NAnt
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:13:50 GMT
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Gert Driesen wrote:

> What exactly will Apache be using NAnt for ?

Building open source .NET projects, for example Log4NET on a nightly
basis.

> Do you (yourself or Apache) have any issues with our current license
> (GPL) ?

Only speaking about the Gump scenario, I don't think this is an issue
at all.  Gert knows my personal opinion, but that doesn't matter here.

Gump will really only run NAnt on the command line, this is no way
different than running GNU make or gcc or whatever.  We won't
distribute NAnt and we wouldn't distribute any other GPLed piece of
software Gump builds, but using it to build other stuff is fine.

We also build GPLed Java projects because they are compile or runtime
dependencies of other projects we want to build.

> We've considered switching to a BSD or Apache style license, but no
> one has found enough time to finalize this ...

I remember that too well.

Cheers

        Stefan

--