gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XML Resolver for Xerces on Kaffe was Re: Hello Gump)
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:54:58 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Stefano,
>
> i think i poked through all the jars in JDK 1.4 and did not find
> it...hence the question.

Found it!!!

The problem is in the XJavac task that Xerces2 uses to compile stuff
(probably it's a left-over workaround from an ant bug on the javac task).

Now, not only I can't find the sourcecode of that sucker (I had to
decompile it with jad (find it attached) but here is the offending part:

  String s = ((String) properties.get( "java.vendor" )).toUpperCase(
Locale.ENGLISH );
  if(s.indexOf("IBM") >= 0)
  {
               // create an IBM-specific classpath
  }
  else if(s.indexOf("SUN") >= 0 ||
          s.indexOf("BLACKDOWN") >= 0 ||
          s.indexOf("APPLE") >= 0)
  {
           // build the regular classpath
  }

note how the classpath *IS*NOT*BUILT* if neither of the above match!

I would strongly lobby with the xerces people to get rid of that silly task.

--
Stefano.