gump-general mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Gump won't run: function: not found
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:09:38 GMT
Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> And maybe check if the file starts with a #!/path/to/bash and also
> points to the correct path to bash for your solaris install.

I suddenly realised that the "gump" script is not a python script, but a
non portable shell script - if you change /bin/sh at the top of the
script to point at bash directly, suddenly the script starts working.

I have not yet been able to figure out exacyl what portability problems
there are, but in the mean time it would probably save a lot of drama if
/bin/sh was changed to /bin/bash, to show that bash is required.

Regards,
Graham