gump-general mailing list archives

From Samuel Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylo...@nonintuitive.com>
Subject Re: derby build
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 06:42:31 GMT

On Feb 7, 2005, at 11:06 PM, Samuel Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> The empty property is only used to set the bootclasspath to the
> location of the empty jar file. So, I have set the empty property for
> splits 2, 4, and 6 to the java-runtime-1.3 jarpath.

Getting closer. Current error is:

   [javac] Found 1 semantic error compiling
"BrokeredPreparedStatement.java":

     [javac]    307.     public final void setUnicodeStream(int
parameterIndex, InputStream x, int length) throws SQLException
     [javac]
^-------------------------------------------------------------^
     [javac] *** Semantic Error: The overridden method "void
setUnicodeStream(int parameterIndex, java.io.InputStream x, int length)
throws java.sql.SQLException;" is deprecated in type
"java.sql.PreparedStatement".

This appears to be a Jikes issue:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/bugs/?
func=detailbug&bug_id=4058&group_id=10

I will turn off the deprecation flag for now in the splits that use
Jikes.

andrew