gump-general mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: sync has problems with symlinks
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 14:48:55 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> the second time in a week I had to clean out the Ant working copy in
> the Kaffe workspaces because it had a stray symlink in it.
>
> Somewhere during the tests, Ant creates symlinks inside the source
> tree and the sync step fails to remove them - which then in turn makes
> Kaffe try to compile classes that should be excluded.
>
> I'll try to find a solution for the Ant side, but if somebody with
> more experience in Python could look into it, it would be great.
>
> sync thinks the link was a directory and the removetree call fails.
> My guess is that we need to do lstat instead of stat and try a plain
> remove on links (just like files), but I may be completely wrong.

I have seen it but have't looked into it yet. I'm not sure from your
description whether you think it's a bug in Kaffe, Gump, Python or Ant :)

Could you elaborate?

We talked about it a bit on IRC. Adam Heath fixed a symlink problem
in Kaffe's libraries a while ago, chances are it resurfaced.

cheers,
dalibor topic