gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject sync has problems with symlinks
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:19:52 GMT
Hi,

the second time in a week I had to clean out the Ant working copy in
the Kaffe workspaces because it had a stray symlink in it.

Somewhere during the tests, Ant creates symlinks inside the source
tree and the sync step fails to remove them - which then in turn makes
Kaffe try to compile classes that should be excluded.

I'll try to find a solution for the Ant side, but if somebody with
more experience in Python could look into it, it would be great.

sync thinks the link was a directory and the removetree call fails.
My guess is that we need to do lstat instead of stat and try a plain
remove on links (just like files), but I may be completely wrong.

Stefan