gump-general mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@mric.coop>
Subject Brutus changes (for sharing a common CVS|SVN staging area).
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:43:33 GMT
All,

I've created: /.../gump/staging (for shared CVS|SVN staging)
I've updated /.../gump/[test|kaffe|jdk15]/gump/metadata/brutus.xml to point
to above.
I've delete:    /.../gump/[test|kaffe|jdk15]/workspace/cvs.

Since these three runs use the trunk of SVN, the change I added last week
(to [on posix] file lock the module prior to a CVS|SVN update) ought be in
effect. Theoretically they ought now share this space cooperatively. [I
believe (although I am rusty here) that the file sync from staging to
working is what is used to determine if files were updated, we ought not
even loose that marker on things.]

If no ill effects are noticed we can do the same for the main public build.
Please let me know if anything look odd/different.

BTW: Are we looking for a free-j run/workspace? Do we need to make room for
that? [RT: I wonder if we could even overlay runs, having them use the same
working areas/everything. If they clean up (via sync) before they run, I
wonder where the harm might be.]

regards,

Adam

P.S. I also fixed the logo on this page: http://brutus.apache.org.

P.P.S. This was the df info prior to starting this change. Let's see where
we end up after a day or so.

86% /home
65% /usr