gump-general mailing list archives

From gene...@gump.apache.org
Subject [Gump Wiki] New: Drafts/BoardReports/20050323
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:56:01 GMT
   Date: 2005-03-10T02:56:01
   Editor: StefanBodewig
   Wiki: Gump Wiki
   Page: Drafts/BoardReports/20050323

   no comment

New Page:

Again a shorter, less prosaic version.

Brutus:

    * we are rather low on disk space, unfortunately we haven't communicated this so far,
but Brutus really is at its limits.

    * we've received a few requests for nightly builds on Brutus but not acted on it so far.
 One reason is the disk space problem, another that we consider Brutus "insecure as hell"
(to quote Leo).  Since Gump downloads and runs scripts from all over the world it could potentially
taint the nightly build system as well.  Even if we are doing our best to prevent this (they
don't share anything but the JDK installation).

Technical:

    * We are happily building C based projects using configure/make by now.  On our roster
are APR, HTTPD and Log4CXX so far.

    * There is slow progress on a Gump redesign that aims at using Python like Python instead
of Java.

Other:

    * no PMC changes, still all Apache committers have access to metadata in CVS, no releases