gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: brutus disk full again
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:04:25 GMT
On 07-03-2005 09:07, "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
>
>> we keep running out of disk space. I cleaned up some random bits
>> (like /usr/local/gump/jars and /var/cache/apt/archive) but this is a
>> structural problem.
>
> Have we changed something?  When I saw you putting together yet
> another workspace (the free-java stuff) I was afraid you would enable
> it, since we really don't have the disk space for more than four
> workspaces.

That's not running on brutus. The kaffe/classpath people are setting up
their own machine to do that stuff :-D

>> Someone needs to come up with a plan to avoid this kind of stuff.
>
> Yes, in particular if we want to add even more workspaces.  There are
> plenty of configurations that would be interesting (building on
> Maverik nightly builds, building on IKVM/Mono and so on).
>
> We probably could make all our workspaces share the same "cvs"
> directory, i.e. the directory holding the clean working copies, this
> would give us a few GB additional disk space.

Yep. Before we do that we need to change things so we are totally sure that
no two gump runs can intermingle, ever. It also looks like there's a
sizeable amount of stuff from the forrest people that might be able to
shrink a little.

Cheers,

- Leo