gump-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject [RT] Why gump really does need a usable plugin architecture
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:32:15 GMT
Hi gang,

I have known this for a long time, its the main reason I spent so much time
learning about "platforms" and "frameworks", but now I found Jason Carreira
has explained it well:

http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/the-architecture-of-participation

Gump is about more communication between developers. Most open source
developers sure as hell won't feel like communicating if they have no
influence over the communication medium. We need to provide freedom to
tinker. "Don't like the reports that gump sends your way? Write a different
plugin that does exactly what you want. It's easy to do and easy to test."

Cheers,

LSD