gump-general mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: RE: bcel failure
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 19:57:14 GMT
Hello Bill,

I did not look at your code.

I was thinking that gump could do the following :

suppose that you have a project maven.foo, which depends on the artifact bar.jar, version
2.0, of project bar.

If bar is being built with ant in gump, we would need to copy bar.jar to the location under
$HOME/.m2/repository where maven would expect it, I suppose that is $HOME/.m2/repository/bar/bar/2.0/bar.jar.

This requires adding in the gump metadata of projects built with ant which are maven dependees
the groupId and artifactId of each jar, plus the version that maven wants.

I know this is just one aspect of the problem, but maybe this simple idea can help.

The other aspect is to deliver dependencies built with maven. For instance if maven.foo depends
upon maven.bar. But maven.foo wants maven.bar version 1.0 and we are building in gump maven.bar
version 2.0-SNAPSHOT. In this case copying the 2.0-SNAPSHOT to 1.0 under $HOME/.m2/repository/maven.bar/bar
could work ?

It is better if we can find this kind of solution rather than ask maven to change their code
to support gumps needs. Because then we can be operational faster. (Maybe you will think that
I am a big hacker ?)

Regards,

Antoine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------