gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 01:46:26 GMT

From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 6:39 AM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml

>> Is it the same like "installing" the snapshot artifacts in the local
>> ~/.m2 cache ?
>
> Yes, I think so.  Only that we'd be using a directory other than ~/.m2
> that would get purged after the Gump run has finished.

Yes, that is the idea.  It lets a group of projects that depend on each
other's snapshot artifacts to "install" them in a local cache where they can
then be found by M2, since M2 doesn't like to get snapshot artifacts from
any of the remote repos that are currently mirrored.

This would also be helpful for M2 projects that define their own remote repo
in the POM, that isn't mirrored, since they can't be trusted to use the
common local cache (because if they have a dependency on an Ant-built
project, and are the first to request it, it will get the versioned jar from
their remote repo, and then other M2 projects will use that jar instead of
the Gump-built jar).

This would have made setting up portals-pluto-trunk much easier, instead of
the sordid hack I used to convince Gump to make it the last project to
build.