gump-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r923057 - /gump/metadata/project/commons-proper.xml
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:00:41 GMT
On 15/03/2010, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2010-03-15, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > On 15/03/2010, bodewig@apache.org <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>  >>  Log:
>  >>  canonical property to skip tests in mvn
>

> >>  -      <property name="skipTests" value="true"/>
>  >>  +     <property name="maven.test.skip.exec" value="true"/>
>
>  > maven.test.skip.exec is deprecated:
>
>  > http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#skipExec
>
>  > which is why I used skipTests.
>

> I didn't know that and wanted things to be consistent - we use the now
>  deprecated version all over the place.
>
>  What is plugin version determined by?  The installed mvn version (2.2 by
>  now) or the project's POM?

The project POM determines the version, assuming that the POM defines
the version.

>  skipTests would require Surefire 2.4 to work
>  and I don't know whether this is actually used by all projects.

Good point, but Commons-parent 13 uses 2.5

Note that skipExec itself requires 2.3, so could cause problems if a
project uses an earlier version of surefire.

Only "skip" is valid for all versions of Surefire, but that is not ideal.