gump-general mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 05:57:39 GMT

From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:20 PM
To: <general@gump.apache.org>
Subject: Re: svn commit: r920715 - /gump/metadata/project/excalibur.xml

> On 2010-03-13, Bill Barker <billwbarker@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, downloaded the src distro for maven 2.2.1, and it is that it is
>> that the 'central' repo is disabled for SNAPSHOTs (and it is looking
>> for a SNAPSHOT POM).  So Maven never asks to get it (even though it is
>> there).
>
> Do I understand this correctly that with Maven 2.2 Gump will not be able
> to inject its own jars if the POM specifies a dependency on a SNAPSHOT
> version?

I think that this is a setting for 'central', that it disables SNAPSHOT
versions (understandable from the Maven prospective).  It's just that Maven
won't download a SNAPSHOT version from 'central'.  Reactor builds with
SNAPSHOT should still work.

Briefly thought of overriding this in either the local or global settings,
but then realized that I don't know enough about Maven to get it right in
the first 10 tries ;).  That is why I was hoping that there is still a Maven
guru lurking here.