gump-general mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cron <gump@gump-vm> /usr/bin/find /tmp -type f -ctime +6 | /usr/bin/xargs -r /bin/rm > /dev/null 2>&1
Date Fri, 31 May 2019 13:36:29 GMT
On 2019-05-31, Mark Thomas wrote:

> On 31/05/2019 13:22, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> On 2019-05-31, sebb wrote:

>>> The command:

>>> /usr/bin/find /tmp -type f -ctime +6 | /usr/bin/xargs -r /bin/rm >
>>> /dev/null 2>&1

>>> should perhaps be

>>> /usr/bin/find /tmp -type f -ctime +6 > /dev/null 2>&1 | /usr/bin/xargs
>>> -r /bin/rm

>>> or maybe

>>> { /usr/bin/find /tmp -type f -ctime +6 | /usr/bin/xargs -r /bin/rm } >
>>> /dev/null 2>&1

>> Probably,

>> Infra is in the process of setting up a new VM for us and the mails will
>> keep coming in until somebody of us has time to complete the post-puppet
>> setup - which may be a few weeks to be honest.

>> https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/blob/deployment/modules/gump_server/manifests/cronjobs.pp

>> contains what would need to be fixed IIRC.

> I can find some time. To be clear the issue is that the cron jobs aren't
> quite defined correctly and those definitions need to be fixed?

*This* problem, yes. There are more of them. :-)

Basically we need to perform the steps listed in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GUMP/VmgumpConfig after
"Puppet" and before
"https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GUMP/VmgumpConfig"

and I'm afraid we are now using Python 3 but haven't verified that -
which might require changes to the code base.

Also some of the Ubuntu packages defined as dependencies in Puppet, in
particular those for Mono have probably failed to install.

> And the fixes need to be made in the file quote above and then Puppet
> will deploy the updated cron jobs to our new VM?

Here I am guessing. This is (part of) the Puppet manifest that was used
to set up vmgump3. I believe it has been used to set up the new
machine.

Stefan