From Patrick Wendell <pwend...@gmail.com>
Subject Review Request: MR2 Fair Scheduler
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:17:08 GMT
Hi There,

This is a review request for a port of the Fair Scheduler to MR2
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-3451). Ideally
someone familiar with the MR2 scheduling code would take a look at
this.

This patch brings most of the Fair Scheduler features from MR1, with a
few exceptions (Web UI, Load Balancer) which I've deferred to future
commits. The patch is already somewhat large as-is.

I'm happy to take care of follow-up maintenance on the scheduler once
committed, in addition to the aforementioned future patches.

- Patrick