From Luke Lu <...@vicaya.com>
Subject Re: MetricsContext counterpart in metrics2 framework
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 04:14:59 GMT
There is no MetricsContext in metrics2. The functionality of
MetricsContext is split into MetricsSource, MetricsSystem (the pubsub
system) and MetricsSink. Typical monitoring plugins just implement the
MetricsSink interface and register the implementation and topology in
hadoop-metrics2.properties. See o.a.h.metrics2.sink packages for
examples (FileSink, Ganglia3*Sink etc.)

For design docs see http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HADOOP-6728-MetricsV2

__Luke