From Mahesh Balija <balijamahesh....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: running Combiner for all the task on the node.
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 12:44:55 GMT
Hi Suresh,

               The combiner function will aggregate the data from a single
map instance. But NOT for all the maps running in a given node.
               AFAIK As the maps will be running in the individual child
JVMs, still the intermediate data need to be serialized (moved) so that
your combiner can aggregate the data at Node level.

Best,
Mahesh Balija,
Calsoft Labs.