From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [Release thread] 2.8.0 release activities
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 10:31:53 GMT

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12334985

> Also, the docs target (mvn package -Pdocs -DskipTests) is completely busted on branch-2,
I figured I have to backport a whole bunch of patches that are only on trunk, and may be more
fixes on top of that *sigh*

> I’ll start pushing for progress for an RC in a week or two.
>
> Any help towards this, reviewing/committing outstanding patches and contributing to open
items is greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to get all the s3a stuff in, hampered by the fact that (a) it's spare time and
(b) it now takes 1-2h for all the tests to complete, at least from my house -> AWS ireland.

Anyone else who can help test/review those s3a patches in HADOOP-11694 is very welcome, especially
if you test against: different endpoints, different s3 implementations, use different login
mechanims

-Steve