From Allen Wittenauer <allenwittena...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Looking to a Hadoop 3 release
Date Sat, 23 Apr 2016 01:19:49 GMT

> On Apr 22, 2016, at 6:10 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Nope.
>
> I’m proposing making a new 3.x release (as has been discussed in this thread) off today’s
trunk (instead of creating a fresh branch-3) and create a new trunk-incompt where incompatible
changes that we don’t want in 3.x go.

> This is mainly to avoid repeating the “we are not releasing 3.x off trunk” issue
when we start thinking about 4.x or any such major release in the future.

	The only difference between “we aren’t releasing 4.x off of trunk” and “we aren’t
releasing 4.x off of trunk-incompat” is 10 characters.