hadoop-mapreduce-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2017 05:09:42 GMT
It looks like hadoop-cloud-storage-project was missed in the version set?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> I've branched branch-3.0.0-alpha2 and moved out the target versions except
> for our last blocker to a new 3.0.0-alpha3 version.
>
> Business can continue as usual, please just set target/fix versions of
> 3.0.0-alpha3 now instead of 3.0.0-alpha2.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
> > versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
> > review.
> >
> > Best,
> > Andrew
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily
> burning
> >> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA
> and
> >> likely to be committed shortly.
> >>
> >> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the
> alpha2
> >> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
> >> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
> >> alpha2 branch.
> >>
> >> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
> >> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there
> will
> >> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
> >> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Andrew
> >>
> >> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hado
> >> op+3.0.0+release
> >>
> >> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi folks,
> >>>
> >>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating
> fixes
> >>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
> >>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
> >>>
> >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(H
> >>> ADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%22Target%
> >>> 20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-beta1%2C%
> >>> 202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(Complete)%
> >>> 20ORDER%20BY%20priority
> >>>
> >>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
> >>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like
> this:
> >>>
> >>> * alpha2 in early November
> >>> * beta1 in early Jan
> >>> * GA in early March
> >>>
> >>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
> >>> on the above JIRA search.
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Andrew
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message