hadoop-mapreduce-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 19:15:26 GMT
Hi folks,

Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily burning
down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA and
likely to be committed shortly.

Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the alpha2
branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
alpha2 branch.

Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there will
also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
wiki page [1] to reflect this.

Thanks,
Andrew

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.0.0+release

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating fixes
> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%
> 20(HADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%
> 20%22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.
> 0-beta1%2C%202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%
> 20(Complete)%20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>
> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and move
> onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like this:
>
> * alpha2 in early November
> * beta1 in early Jan
> * GA in early March
>
> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues on
> the above JIRA search.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message