From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Merge yarn-native-services branch into trunk
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 20:03:16 GMT
Thanks Andrew for the comments. Answers below:

- There are no new APIs added in YARN/Hadoop core. In fact, all the new code are running outside
of existing system and they are optional and require users to explicitly opt in. The new system’s
own rest API is not stable and will be evolving.
- We have been running/testing a version of the entire system internally for quite a while.
- I’d like to see this in hadoop3-beta1. Of course, we’ll take responsibility of moving
fast and not block the potential timeline.

Jian

On Aug 16, 2017, at 10:29 AM, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com<mailto:andrew.wang@cloudera.com>>