From Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Namenode RPC default port reverted to 8020
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 22:29:36 GMT
Hi All,

I wanted to bring to your attention that HDFS-12990 has been committed to trunk and branch
3.0.1.

This change reverts the Namenode RPC port to the familiar 8020, making it same as Apache Hadoop
2.x series.
In Hadoop 3.0.0 release, the default port is 9820. If you have deployed Hadoop 3.0.0, then
please reconfigure Namenode port to 8020.

If you have not deployed Hadoop 3.0.0, we recommend waiting for Hadoop 3.0.1 which is planned
to be released in next two weeks.

Thanks
Anu