From "Chen, Sammi" <sammi.c...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.9.1 (RC0)
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2018 04:01:34 GMT

Thanks Jason Lowe for the quick investigation to find out that the test failures belong to
the test only.

Based on the current facts, I would like to continue calling the VOTE for 2.9.1 RC0,  and
extend the vote deadline to end of this week 4/27.

I will add following note to the final release notes,

HADOOP-15385<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15385>   Test case failures
in Hadoop-distcp project doesn’t impact the distcp function in 2.9.1

Bests,
Sammi
From: 俊平堵 [mailto:junping_du@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:50 PM
To: Chen, Sammi <sammi.chen@intel.com>
Cc: Hadoop Common <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; Rushabh Shah <rushabhs@oath.com>;
hdfs-dev <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.9.1 (RC0)

Thanks for reporting the issue, Rushabh! Actually, we found that these test failures belong
to test issues but not production issue, so not really a solid blocker for release. Anyway,
I will let RM of 2.9.1 to decide if to cancel RC or not for this test issue.

Thanks,

Junping

Chen, Sammi <sammi.chen@intel.com<mailto:sammi.chen@intel.com>>于2018年4月24日
周二下午7:50写道:
Hi Rushabh,

Thanks for reporting the issue.  I will upload a new RC candidate soon after the test failing
issue is resolved.

Bests,
Sammi Chen