From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Apache Hadoop 3.1.1 release plan
Date Thu, 10 May 2018 08:54:44 GMT
Thanks Wangda Tan for driving the 3.1.1 release.Yes,This can be better addition to 3.1 line
release for improving quality.

Looks only following two are pending which are in review state. Hope you are monitoring these
two.

Note : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-8247==> committed branch-3.1

-----Original Message-----
From: Wangda Tan [mailto:wheeleast@gmail.com]
Sent: 19 April 2018 17:49
To: Hadoop Common <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org; Hdfs-dev
<hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Apache Hadoop 3.1.1 release plan

Hi, All

We have released Apache Hadoop 3.1.0 on Apr 06. To further improve the quality of the release,
we plan to release 3.1.1 at May 06. The focus of 3.1.1 will be fixing blockers / critical
bugs and other enhancements. So far there are 100 JIRAs [1] have fix version marked to 3.1.1.

We plan to cut branch-3.1.1 on May 01 and vote for RC on the same day.

Please feel free to share your insights.

Thanks,
Wangda Tan

[1] project in (YARN, "Hadoop HDFS", "Hadoop Common", "Hadoop Map/Reduce") AND fixVersion
= 3.1.1