From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Alpha Release of Ozone
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 20:19:02 GMT

> On Aug 8, 2018, at 12:56 PM, Anu Engineer <aengineer@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone verified that a Hadoop release doesn't have _any_ of the extra ozone bits
that are sprinkled outside the maven modules?
> As far as I know that is the state, we have had multiple Hadoop releases after ozone
has been merged. So far no one has reported Ozone bits leaking into Hadoop. If we find something
like that, it would be a bug.

	There hasn't been a release from a branch where Ozone has been merged yet. The first one
will be 3.2.0.  Running create-release off of trunk presently shows bits of Ozone in dev-support,
hadoop-dist, and elsewhere in the Hadoop source tar ball.

	So, consider this as a report. IMHO, cutting an Ozone release prior to a Hadoop release ill-advised
given the distribution impact and the requirements of the merge vote.