From Eric Payne <erichadoo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.0 - RC0
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2018 22:49:22 GMT
Sunil,

So, the basic symptoms are that if preemption is enabled on any queue, the preemption is disabled
after a 'yarn rm -refreshQueues'. In addition, all of the preemption-specific properties are
set back to the default values.

This was introduced in branch-3.1, so it is NOT new behavior for release 3.2.0. I am still
tracking down the cause. I will open a JIRA once I do further investigation if there is not
one already.

This will be a problem for installations which use preemption and which use the refreshQueues
feature.

Thanks,
-Eric

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 11:47:06 AM CST, Eric Payne <eric.payne1000@yahoo.com>