From Akira Ajisaka <aajis...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HDFS/HDDS unit tests running failed in Jenkins precommit building
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2018 05:48:01 GMT
Hi Xiaoyu,

> [INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.21.0:test (default-test) @ hadoop-ozone-common ---

The log specifies that Apache Hadoop 3.2.1-SNAPSHOT uses maven
surefire plugin 2.21.0. However, HADOOP-15916 upgraded the version in
branch-3.2 and now Hadoop 3.2.1-SNAPSHOT uses maven surefire plugin
3.0.0-M1. Probably the ~/.m2 cache is not updated.

Regards,
Akira
2018年11月27日(火) 13:10 Xiaoyu Yao <xyao@hortonworks.com>:

> Hi Akira,
>
> Thanks for the pointer. I pulled the change of HADOOP-15916 from trunk to HDDS-4 branch
last week but we are still seeing similar failures from Jenkins like this one (https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDDS-Build/1801/artifact/out/patch-unit-hadoop-ozone_common.txt).
Can you help take a look?

> Thanks,
> Xiaoyu
>

> On 11/9/18, 1:29 AM, "Akira Ajisaka" <aajisaka@apache.org> wrote:
>
>     + common-dev, mapreduce-dev, yarn-dev
>
>     Probably this issue is caused by
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1588 and fixed by Maven
>     surefire plugin 3.0.0-M1. I filed a JIRA and uploaded a patch to
>     upgrade the version of the plugin. Please check
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15916
>
>     Regards,
>     Akira
>     2018年11月9日(金) 6:10 Lin,Yiqun(vip.com) <yiqun01.lin@vipshop.com>:
>     >
>     > Hi developers,
>     >
>     > Recently, I found following error frequently appeared in HDFS/HDDS Jenkins building.
>     > The link: https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HDDS-Build/1632/artifact/out/patch-unit-hadoop-ozone_ozone-manager.txt
>     >
>     > [ERROR] ExecutionException The forked VM terminated without properly saying
goodbye. VM crash or System.exit called?
>     > [ERROR] Command was /bin/sh -c cd /testptch/hadoop/hadoop-ozone/ozone-manager
&& /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java -Xmx2048m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-DminiClusterDedicatedDirs=true -jar /testptch/hadoop/hadoop-ozone/ozone-manager/target/surefire/surefirebooter6481080145571841952.jar
/testptch/hadoop/hadoop-ozone/ozone-manager/target/surefire 2018-11-07T22-53-35_334-jvmRun1
surefire2897373403289443808tmp surefire_42678601136131093095tmp
>     >
>     > And this error makes the unit tests not be real tested in Jenkins precommit
buildings. Anyone who knows the root cause of this?
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > Yiqun
>     > 本电子邮件可能为保密文件。如果阁下非电子邮件所指定之收件人,谨请立即通知本人。敬请阁下不要使用、保存、复印、打印、散布本电子邮件及其内容,或将其用于其他任何目的或向任何人披露。谢谢您的合作!
This communication is intended only for the addressee(s) and may contain information that
is privileged and confidential. You are hereby notified that, if you are not an intended recipient
listed above, or an authorized employee or agent of an addressee of this communication responsible
for delivering e-mail messages to an intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
reproduction of this communication (including any attachments hereto) is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by a reply
e-mail addressed to the sender and permanently delete the original e-mail communication and
any attachments from all storage devices without making or otherwise retaining a copy.