From Zoltan Haindrich <k...@rxd.hu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.2.0 - RC1
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2019 12:11:54 GMT
Hello,

I would like to note that it seems like 3.2.0-RC1 release misses some source attachments (as
all releases lately). David Phillips just commented on that jira yesterday; and
I've just noticed that a release vote is already going on....so I think now is the best time
to talk about this - because https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15205
is open now for almost a year.

This might be just a documentation related issue; but then the HowToRelease doc should be
updated.
Steve Loughran was able to publish the artifacts in question for 2.7.7 - but releases before
and after that are missing these source attachements.

People working on downstream projects (or at least me) may find it harder to work with hadoop
packages; beacuse of the missing source attachments.

example artifact which misses the sources:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1178/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/3.2.0/

cheers,
Zoltan