From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Mark 2.6, 2.7, 3.0 release lines EOL
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2019 16:17:21 GMT
On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 9:20 AM Eric Badger <ebadger@verizonmedia.com> wrote:

> - Stuff has been going into branch-2 sporadically but I don't who is
> actively
> using that code other than as part of a cherrypick backwards strategy.
>
> - Should we do a 2.10.x release? Or just say "time to upgrade?"
>
> We have talked at a few different Hadoop contributors meetups and community
> syncs and agreed that 2.10 should serve as a "bridge" release for 3.x so
> that 2.x clients can talk to 3.x servers and vice versa without
> compatibility issues. At the last meeting where we discussed this it seemed
> that there were 3 major compatibility issues. The biggest one was in the
> edit logs.

Just a quick friendly reminder to everyone that stuff has to make it
to the mailing lists for Hadoop for it to be considered a discussion
that happened "in the community". Especially decisions and the
discussions that lead to them have to happen on our mailing lists and
not at in person events.

--
busbey