hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy Ryza <sandy.r...@cloudera.com>
Subject queue ACLs in YARN
Date Sat, 22 Dec 2012 00:04:32 GMT
I'm working on the MR2 fair scheduler, and had a question about queue ACLs
that I thought someone might be able to answer?

In MR1, as far as I can tell from (
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/mapreduce/current/mapred_tutorial.html#Job+Authorization),
queue ACLs were configured in the same place as application ACLs.  In YARN,
I'm having trouble figuring out where either of them are configured.
 Currently ACLs for fair scheduler queues are configured in
fair-scheduler.xml.  Is this how it should be?  Should queue ACLs be
configured in a scheduler's specific configuration, or in some other
central place?

many thanks, and happy holidays!
-Sandy