hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Janne Valkealahti <janne.valkeala...@gmail.com>
Subject ContainerLaunchContext in 2.1.x
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 09:51:11 GMT
With 2.0.x ContainerId was part of the ContainerLaunchContext and I assume
container id was then used to identify what node manager would actually
start.

With 2.1.x ContainerId was removed from ContainerLaunchContext.
ContainerManagementProtocol is only using a list of StartContainerRequest
which have ContainerLaunchContext and Token.

My first question is that if you have different ContainerLaunchContext(i.e.
command, env variables, etc), how do you know which container is launched
with which launch context?

My second question is how node manager is assosiating allocated
container(which you requested from resource manager) to
ContainerLaunchContext?