hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From hilfi alkaff <hilfialk...@gmail.com>
Subject Node scheduling in 2.1.x
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 06:20:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to trace the code flow on the scheduling done in YARN. I would
like to know where the code that does which node to schedule for the jobs.

I found the handle() function in the resource manager's scheduler (eg:
CapacityScheduler.java) that handles node update event which then executes
the assignment of containers for that particular node, but I do not
understand how that node even get chosen.

If anybody could tell me about a file, function or module name that does
this, that would be extremely helpful.

--
~Hilfi Alkaff~