hadoop-yarn-dev mailing list archives

From Sandy Ryza <sandy.r...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Allocating Containers on a particular Node in Yarn
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:02:27 GMT
Yeah, specifying a host name with relaxLocality is meaningful.  Schedulers
use delay scheduling (
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~matei/talks/2010/eurosys_delaysched.pdf) to
achieve locality when relaxLocality is on.  But it is turned off by
default.  The individual scheduler docs have specifics on how to configure
it.

Guarav,
Using ResourceRequests directly is not straightforward and error prone.  Is
there a reason that AMRMClient is unsuitable for your needs?

-Sandy